Wi-Fi connection is one of the modern living necessities today for almost everyone. So, when you are buying a router for your Wi-Fi connection, you generally look for standard features. Range, size, coverage area, price, and more are considered primarily. However, the range is an essential factor you must consider, especially if you live in a big house with many occupants. More range ensures the smooth working of your internet connection. Thus, we have researched some of the best long-range Wi-Fi routers for enhancing your internet connectivity.
Check out our top picks for the best long-range Wi-Fi routers in 2022:
NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart Wi-Fi Router (R8000P)
Routers by Netgear are famous for having advanced technology. Built with the feature of providing the connection to 50 devices, this router can easily connect with every device in your house. Despite multiple connections, it gives all the users an impressively fast internet speed. The Nighthawk X6S is usually included in every top-router list because of its variety of features.
- Can cover the range of 3,500 sq. ft. without any disturbance
- High Wi-Fi speed- up to 3.2 Gbps
- 1 GHz processor
- Six external antennas for amplified range all around the house/workspace
- Tri-band technology and beamforming+ software for multi-streaming
- Also compatible with Amazon Alexa
|Provides cyber threat protection||Expensive compared to other routers in the market|
|Comprehensive area coverage and connectivity range||Heats up after some time|
|Easy to set up|
TP-Link AC1900 A9 Dual-Band Wireless Router
TP-Link AC1900 is one of those budget-friendly yet great performing devices everyone is looking for. These routers are commonly used by a vast percentage of the population. Their performances have always been remarkable. This dual-band router is easy to set up and install. It provides a decent range of connectivity and supports multiple devices to be connected simultaneously.
- Dual-band wireless router
- Three external antennas for 3x faster speed
- Also compatible with Amazon Alexa, it can be controlled with voice commands
- Parental and access controls
- 1 GHz Dual-core processor
|Affordable and good quality product, value for money||Not as fast as other long-range routers|
|A decent range on both the bands|
|Supports 4K streaming and online gaming|
ASUS AC3100 Long-Range Router (RT-AC88U)
This router is an all-rounder performer. It covers a wide range of networks while providing equally fast connections to all the devices individually. The ASUS AC3100 is capable of providing its network coverage up to 5,000 sq ft of area effortlessly. It also features 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections.
- Supports the MU-MIMO technology
- Dual-band Wi-Fi router
- Provides Wi-Fi speed up to 3100 Mbps
- NitroQAM technology for gaming purposes
- ASUS Ai protection along with parental control to manage the content
- Four antennas for smooth and faster connectivity
|Features Guest Wi-Fi||Quite expensive compared to other routers|
|Extremely fast with the 5G connection|
NETGEAR Orbi Tri-Band Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System
Another Netgear product on the list, this Home Mesh Wi-Fi system is sophisticatedly designed. It can easily cover 5,000 sq. ft. without any discrepancies in the network. The best thing about this system is that it maintains the speed constantly, even if more devices are connected. It is also very aesthetically pleasing and can fit well in the interior of your home.
- Supports Tri-band technology
- Simple control system with the help of the ‘Orbi’ app
- Parental and access controls available on the app
- Cybersecurity and in-built anti-virus feature
|Faster internet connection than standard routers||Average web user interface|
|Consistent speed||It May require rebooting it every once in a while|
ASUS ZenWiFi AX6600 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System
The Asus ZenWiFi AX promises to give comprehensive network coverage and fast internet speeds while maintaining network quality. It covers around 5,500 sq. ft. quickly, which is an impressive coverage. Being a mesh system, this is also designed in an effortless yet sophisticated way that fits well in your home interior. Even though it is a little pricey, this is one of the best long range Wi-Fi routers available in the market.
- Supports Wi-Fi 6 technology
- The bandwidth of up to 6,600 Mbps
- Supports Tri-band technology
- 3-step set up with Asus Router App
- Parental control and access control
- Free network security provided by Trend Micro
|Aesthetically pleasing design||Expensive system|
|Stable and consistent coverage|
TP-Link AD7200 Tri-band Wi-Fi Router
Another TP-Link router on this list, the Talon AD7200, is another powerful Wi-Fi router. It supports 4K streaming and gaming on its connections. This router also comes with the MU-MIMO technology for multiple connections simultaneously. The 4-stream feature creates fast Wi-Fi connections for effortless streaming.
- Multiple bands run the speed of up to 7200 Mbps
- 1.4 GHz dual-core processor
- Multi-user support with MU-MIMO technology
- It comes with eight beamforming antennas for more extensive network coverage
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for wireless connections
|Breakneck and smooth internet speed||Bulky and not too good on the aesthetics|
|Can broadcast network on three frequencies|
|Fast wired connections with Ethernet ports|
Razer Portal Mesh Wi-Fi Router
The Razer Portal comes with a futuristic yet straightforward design well suitable for minimalist interiors. With its Fastlane technology, this router promises to provide a smooth 5G connection without any interruptions. It is also designed to support online gaming and streaming services. Though it’s a dual-band router, it provides a fast internet connection and covers up to 3,000 sq. ft.
- Supports the MU-MIMO technology
- A bandwidth of 2400 Mbps
- Cybersecurity feature protects against virus
- 4 Ethernet ports for wired connections
|Affordable price, suitable for people with a budget||The app interface requires improvement|
|Ideal for gaming and streaming|
Q- What to look for when selecting a router?
A- There are several aspects you must consider before buying a router.
- The number of bands must be considered foremost since it determines the amount of network traffic your router will handle.
- Keep the MU-MIMO technology in your preferences.
- Check the number of ports in your router. These ports will enable the wired connection if ever required by your computer.
- Also, check the amount of area your router can cover. If you require comprehensive coverage, go for long-range routers or home mesh systems.
Q- Why do I need a router?
A- Your Wi-Fi connection comes with a modem. However, a modem can only support one device at a time. This is where the role of a router comes in. You will need a router so that multiple devices can connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Q- What is the MU-MIMO technology?
A- MU-MIMO stands for Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output technology. This technology allows your router to connect with multiple devices simultaneously. The devices communicate faster and don’t have to wait to receive signals from the router. The MU-MIMO technology also substantially increases the speed of your network.
These long-range routers are known to give the best performances by providing fast and reliable network connections. In short, when you go through all the features and understand your requirements, it can be easy to compare and choose the right option for your router needs. These are some of our top picks for the best long range Wi-Fi routers. We hope to have given you the right choice.