Gone are the days when Wi-Fi was just meant for plain browsing, streaming, or work. Now you will find numerous users who need Wi-fi for different uses. You might find gaming freaks, streaming maniacs, music lovers, etc, all under one roof. Therefore, the demand for a good Wi-Fi router that serves all the devices simultaneously is driving the market crazy. Apart from multiple connections, customers also expect a good throughput with advanced features like MU-MIMO and BeamForming. Here, we have come up with the top 10 best routers for multiple devices which tick everything in the checklist.
NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router (R8000P)
Netgear is a brand known for its routers having solid technology and brilliant throughputs. This big and bold tri-band wi-fi router makes it to the top of the list of the best router for multiple devices due to its exceptional throughput, wide-coverage, and ability to connect 50 devices simultaneously.
- It delivers high-speed wi-fi of about 4000 Mbps ( 750 Mbps with 2.4 GHz band and 1625 Mbps for two 5GHz bands )
- It can connect up to 50 devices simultaneously within the range of 3500 sq. ft.
- It comes with a powerful dual-core 1.8GHz processor, with 128MB of RAM and 512MB of storage space.
- Uses advanced multi-streaming Softwares like MU-MIMO and BeamForming.
- The router has 6 amplified antennas which are responsible for its wide connectivity range.
- It comes with two RJ45 LAN ports which provide speed up to 2Gbps for seamless gaming and file sharing experience.
- You also get a single USB 2.0 and a single 3.0 USB port which makes it quite versatile.
|Awesome speed||Not so great parental controls|
|Wide connectivity range|
|MU-MIMO and BeamForming|
|Double throughput LAN|
Gryphon Secure Mesh
This unique-looking wireless Wi-Fi router is one of its own kind in the market. The shape resembles a tower that is twisted halfway. Also, it is a tri-band router that takes special care of security and parental controls.
- It is able to deliver speeds up to 3000 Mbps ( 400 Mbps over 2.4 GHz band and 1.7 Gbps over primary 5 GHz band, 866 MHz over secondary 5 GHz band )
- It can serve up to an area range of about 3000 sq. ft. with its 6 internal antennas which are amplified for good signals.
- The Gryphon app helps with the step-by-step setup as the unique design may be intimidating for first-time users.
- Supports MU-MIMO and BeamForming for optimization of multiple device connections.
- Sadly, the router lacks USB ports.
- It also comes with a one-year free subscription to Advanced Internet Protection. If you want to continue the services, it just costs $79 per year.
|Good throughput performance||Expensive|
|Easy installation||Lacks USB support|
|Great parental controls|
|Built-in virus protection|
ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
If you need multiple connections for gaming freaks, the ROG router is the best router for you. This powerful tri-band wireless router supports the latest Wi-Fi 6 offering high-speed internet for an unstoppable gaming experience.
- It gives you an immersive overall speed of 11000Mbps (11Gbps) with the help of three channels ( 2 5GHz and 1 2.4 GHz )
- It is powered by a quad-core 1.8GHz processor, housing 1GB of RAM and 256MB storage.
- With a network range of 90 feet, it performs at its peak at 50 feet.
- The router comes with 8 removable antennas which provide strong signals. In addition, the router gets an unusual gamer look due to these antennas.
- You will also get two 3.0 ports.
- The router uses ASUS’s AiMesh technology for mesh networking which enables it to connect with other compatible ASUS routers for a bigger network.
- There is a dedicated Gigabit Ethernet port to connect with a separate modem.
|Superfast Wi-fi 6||Expensive|
|Reduces ping||Tricky web interface|
|Lots of customizations||Bulky|
|Performance improves with distance|
|Two 3.0 USB ports|
Linksys AC2200 Tri-Band
The Linksys AC2200 is an affordable tri-band wi-fi router that is especially meant for a mesh network and a bigger coverage area.
- It delivers a total throughput of 2200 Mbps across all three bands (400Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 867Mbps on each of the two 5GHz bands)
- It comes with a decent quad-core CPU With 512 MB RAM and 256 MB Flash Memory storage.
- When paired with a velop AC2200 node, it enables it to form a mesh network Of 4,500 sq. ft.
- You can manage the router settings through the Linksys Mobile app or Linksys Smart Wi-Fi web interface.
- The router comes with 4 adjustable but non-removable antennas.
- It also has a 3.0 USB port and Gigabit LAN ports.
|Solid throughput||Limited parental controls|
|Easy interface||Lacks malware protection|
|Velop mesh technology||The USB port is disabled|
TP-Link Archer A20
The TP-Link A20 is a smart tri-band wireless router that provides speedy performance and is feature-rich too. Also, this brilliant combination won’t cost a fortune like other high-end models.
- It delivers high-speed internet of up to 4,000 Mbps. It has built-in Smart Connect software which automatically provides the suitable band for your device.
- The six external antennas along with TP-link’s RangeBoost feature provide a good coverage area of about 2500 sq. ft.
- The router houses a powerful 1.8 GHz quad-core processor.
- It supports BeamForming and MU-MIMO.
- The router can be easily controlled and customized through the Tether app. It also supports voice assistants like Alexa and IFTTT (If This Then That).
- The in-built HomeCare network security and parental controls provide security against malware and let you control the content which your children can access.
- The router itself has ample vent holes to prevent overheating.
|Range extender||Bulky design|
|Easy setup||Bit pricey|
|Great speed and stability|
Linksys WRT AC3200 Dual-Band Open Source Router
This dual-band router provides tri-stream for simultaneous gaming, and 4K streaming. This router allows you to use open-source code which makes it highly customizable and provides ample settings.
- It delivers an overall throughput of about 3200 Mbps ( 600 + 2600 Mbps ).
- Supports Tri-Stream 160 Technology which enables HD streaming and multiple gaming for a seamless multi-user experience despite the lack of tri-band.
- Powerful 1.8 GHz dual-core CPU.
- Comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, a single 3.0 USB port, and one USB 2.0 hybrid port.
- The open-source customization support is achieved with OpenWrt and DD-WRT allowing you to apply parental controls and VPN.
- Supports MU-MIMO and BeamForming.
|Easy Setup||CA Proposition 65 warning|
|Great speed||Does not block individual websites|
|Customizable open sourcing||Not Many 160MHz Compatible Clients Available|
|Tri-Stream 160 MHz|
NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi
This dual-band modem router supports high-speed internet of up to 2600 Mbps. Despite being dual-band it doesn’t fail in delivering a good speed for 4K HD Streaming and gaming.
- The router supports speeds up to 2600 Mbps (800 + 1733 Mbps)
- It chooses the most appropriate band for your network and enables smooth streaming and gaming experience in up to a range of 2500 sq. ft.
- Powerful 1.7 GHz dual-core processor.
- It supports MU-MIMO, BeamForming, QoS, and Dynamic frequency.
- The multi-user interface allows up to 45 devices to connect simultaneously.
- At the back, you can find 4-gigabit ethernet ports, two 3.0 USB ports, and one 2.0 USB hybrid port.
- The router itself comes with four adjustable antennas for ample signal strength.
- WPA/WPA2 and Double Firewall.
|Great throughput performance||Bit pricey|
|Easy setup||CA Proposition 65 warning|
|MU-MIMO and other advanced technologies|
|Variety of ports for versatility|
NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80)
This spaceship-like shaped router holds a design statement along with great speed. It is one of the best Wi-fi 6 routers in the market. Also, its throughput increases with distance making it a great option for a big network.
- It is a dual-band router delivering a top speed of about 1.2Gbps with 2.4GHz band and 4.8Gbps with 5GHz band.
- The router houses two high-power antennas shaped like wings which can be folded in to save space. At the back, you get five-gigabit ethernet ports, two 3.0 USB ports, and one WAN port.
- It can provide signals to a range of up to 90 feet.
- Provides a user-friendly interface through the Nighthawk App.
- OFDMA support makes sure that slow devices won’t affect or slow down other devices which are connected as well.
- You also get 4X4 MU-MIMO, giving you 8 wi-fi streams for HD streaming on multiple devices at the same time.
|Good range||Limited parental controls|
|Wi-Fi 6 support||Very basic app|
|Provides security software|
|4×4 MU-MIMO support|
TP-Link Deco M5
This wireless router is a set of three units that form a mesh network for multi-device connectivity and an extended range. Though it doesn’t belong to the fastest performing category, it is definitely one of the best for a big network.
- The TP-Link Deco M5 provides an overall data transfer speed of 1300 Mbps.
- One of the three units acts as modem broadband and the other units are supposed to be placed 40 feet away. The total network coverage is up to 5000 sq ft.
- You can control and customize through the Deco App available in both Android and iOs platforms.
- Comes with a powerful Quad-core CPU processor and 512 RAM storage.
- You can connect up to 100 devices simultaneously.
- It lacks a web interface.
- It supports QoS software which protects the entire network from cyber threats and viruses.
- Each unit has 2 Gigabit ports and one USB C-type port.
|Value for money||Not the fastest|
|Easy setup||No web interface|
|Extensive range||Connects to TP-link all the time|
This is a dual-band wireless router that is popular among netizens who are on a budget. The above-average throughput and range make it suitable for home use with multiple devices.
- It claims to deliver an overall speed of 1900 Mbps.
- The design is minimal, glossy, and rectangular with a silver stand, unlike the usual flat laying routers.
- The router houses 3 external antennas which are adjustable.
- MU-MIMO and BeamForming are supported which help in optimizing multiple-device connectivity.
- The setup is very simple and easy in two ways- web browser interfaces or Tether App.
- It offers an Airtime Fairness feature which makes sure that older devices won’t slow down other devices.
- You will get four Gigabit LAN ports, a single 3.0 USB port, and one 2.0 USB port as well.
|Affordable||Can’t be laid flat or wall-mounted|
|Good wifi speed||Not a great throughput|
|Good range||Nor for big homes and offices|
At last, having a router that has a good speed but only supports few devices is not a great choice these days. It is always better to go for such routers which offer MU-MIMO, BeamForming, and other multi-device optimization. You must ensure the router you are choosing fulfills the desired range and throughput speed for all the devices. Also, bear in mind that along with performance and easy installation, choose a router that provides ample data security and parental controls. Getting the best router for multiple devices that attains every feature you are looking for is the key to a seamless online experience.