Increasing dependence on the internet has also led to rising demand for good Wi-Fi connectivity. Thanks to the wireless routers which have been providing us ample internet connection for all the grind. However, not all wireless routers offer seamless performance in terms of speed, range, connectivity, security, etc. Also, a good wireless router requires an exorbitant capital cost plus the cyclic bills you have to pay monthly or yearly. Luckily, we have come up with the best router under $100 that will amp up your house’s internet connection without having to spend a fortune.
NETGEAR 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router (R6700AX)-AX1800
This dual-band wireless router by NETGEAR supports the latest Wi-Fi standard – Wi-Fi 6 a.k.a 802.11AX. Its appealing looks also come loaded with features that made it reach the top of this list.
- The router offers a high-speed data transfer of about 1.8 Gbps (600Mbps in 2.4GHz band and 1200Mbps in 5GHz band).
- The router can support up to four wi-fi 6 streams simultaneously without unnecessary buffering.
- It has an impressive area coverage of about 1500 sq. ft. This makes it enough for the majority of homes and small offices too.
- it houses four Gigabit Ethernet ports and comes with OFDMA, 1024-QAM, and VPN support.
- You can also control it through voice assistant support like Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- It ensures data security with WPA2/WPA3 support.
- You can also get a one-month free trial of the NETGEAR ArmorTM feature which is meant to protect the connected devices from viruses.
|Sleek and sturdy design|
|Good security options|
|Voice assistant support|
|Supports simultaneous streams|
TP-Link AC1900 Archer A9
TP-Link is a renowned name when it comes to wireless routers. The TP-Link Archer A9 is an improved version of the popular Archer A7 which comes with several software upgrades.
- The router offers an overall speed of 1900 Mbps which is enough for daily high-speed use in homes and offices.
- It has improved hardware components making it durable.
- It supports MU-MIMO, Beamforming, and Smart Connect which the earlier versions were lacking.
- It has a connectivity range of about 1200 sq. ft and can support up to 15 devices at a time.
- It comes with VPN support and other security gateways like WPA2/WPA3.
|Value for money||Only one USB 2.0 port|
|MU-MIMO and Beamforming support|
|Open VPN Support|
D-Link DIR-842 AC1200
The D-Link D-Link DIR-842 AC1200 is a dual-band wireless router that comes with four wired LAN ports. It is one of the cheapest deal breakers at just $60.
- It comes with Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast and seamless performance.
- The router offers a fast HD streaming speed of up to 1200 Mbps (300Mbps on 2.4GHz and 867Mbps on 5GHz)
- It supports wireless networking security platforms like WPA, WPA2, and WPS.
- The router’s installation process is also very easy.
- You can connect at least 10 devices simultaneously and can support up to 3 data streams for increased throughput.
- It also supports MU-MIMO and Smart Beam Forming.
|Easy installation||Lacks USB ports|
|Very cheap with good features||Non-Detachable antennas|
|4 external antennas|
Linksys EA6350 Dual-Band
The Linksys EA6350 AC1200 is a dual-band wireless router that has a lightning throughput capacity. The router comes in a classic black look with two non-removable antennas. With its amazing features, this dual-band wireless router has made it to the list of the best router under $100.
- The overall speed that you can get with EA6350 Wi-Fi AC1200 Mbps.
- This dual-band router is powered by a single-core 800MHz CPU which helps provide a throughput speed of up to 300Mbps on the 2.4GHz band, and up to 867Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- It comes with four Gigabit LAN ports, a WAN port, one USB 3.0 port, a WPS button, and a Reset button; all at the back.
- It also has an easy configuration and installation’.
- It is ideal for small homes and apartments as it provides one of the fastest throughputs close up to 30 feet.
|Great performance||Lack of indicators|
|Easy network management||The product may get hot|
|Allows sharing files using USB Port|
Asus (RT-ACRH17) AC1700
The ACRH17 is a dual-band tri-stream router, which is intended to support three bands and four-stream. The design is identical to the predecessor RT-ACRH13 with the diamond pattern at the top.
- The router claims to have a maximum performance speed of 1700 Mbps (2.4GHz radio band is 400 MBps, 5GHz radio band is 1,300 Mbps).
- The router does support the AiRadar TX Beamforming and MU-MIMO for a seamless multiple-user experience.
- Gives you a whopping range of 2500 sq. ft.
- It offers user-friendly features like Guest Network, Network Diagnostic, DNS Setting, FTP and Samba, Parental Controls, Security Scan, Wi-Fi blocklist, etc.
- It comes with 4 adjustable antennas, however, they are non-removable so they might occupy space.
- The router itself comes with silicone pads in the bottom to keep it from budging and has enough vents to prevent heating.
|Great speed||Weak storage performance|
|MU-MIMO + BeamForming||Does Not support AiMesh|
|Mobile App support|
|Value for money|
NETGEAR R6230 AC1200
If you are someone who relies on the internet for basic surfing, social media, shopping, or streaming videos then this is the right choice for you. However, if you and your partners are gaming junkies then this might not be the one for you on the list of the best router under $100.
- The smart dual-band router provides an overall data transfer speed of about 1200 Mbps. ( 300Mbps using 2.4Ghz and 900Mbps Using 5Ghz band )
- It has a good coverage area of 1200 sq. ft perfect for homes and small offices.
- Does not support advanced technologies like MU-MIMO and Beamforming.
- It does offer VPN support for your data security.
- The router can handle up to 10 connections simultaneously but it is recommended to keep it less for a seamless experience.
- It comes with 9 small LEDs to depict different connections like power, internet connectivity, Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, USB connection, reset, etc. They all lit up solid green when in use.
|Value for money||Lacks 3.0 USB port|
|Simultaneous dual-band for streaming||No MU-MIMO support|
|Advanced QoS||Not for heavy gaming use|
|Easy-to-setup using Nighthawk app.|
Jetstream AC3000 Tri-Band
If you are keen on online gaming then this Tri-Band router is the best choice for you. The router provides an exceptional performance speed along with a wide area of coverage.
- It has an overall data transfer speed of about 3000 Mbps at a frequency of 5 GHz.
- It works well with a large connectivity range of up to 4,000 sq. ft.
- The router has eight high gain adjustable antennas which ensure the aforementioned wide coverage.
- Along with this, it has a powerful built-in dual-core 800MHz processor.
- The design carries a sporty look with red black and white color combination.
- The user-friendly web console interface shows you information like the number of clients connected, LAN and WAN network stats, wireless SSDs, etc.
- It uses Wave 2 802.11ac technology which supports MU-MIMO.
|Perfect for gaming||None|
|Value for money|
|Great speed and coverage|
Asus AC1300 (RT-ACRH13)
This dual-band wireless router from Asus focuses on home users, one of the best entry-level routers with tons of features. Released about 5 years ago, it has been a popular choice for millions while beating many of its rivals.
- The router offers a peak performance of 876 Mbps at 5 GHz IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
- It has a great connectivity range of about 2000 sq. ft.
- The Asus RT-ARCH has a Quad-Core 717 MHz CPU powered by Qualcomm Atheros IPQ4018 technology.
- It also supports MU-MIMO and Beamforming which lets it connect and control identified wireless devices in its range.
- The router has four antennas and a lot of vent holes sideways and downwards which prevent it from heating unnecessarily.
- The router itself is quite lightweight and has rubber feet for stability.
|Value for money||Average storage performance|
|Attractive design||No Custom Firmware Support|
TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750
This 802.11 ac dual-band wireless router offers excellent download speeds. The design is glossy black with three detachable and adjustable antennas. It has 9 small LEDs in the front depicting logos for different uses.
- It offers an overall performance of 1700 Mbps ( 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1,300Mbps on the 5GHz band)
- It is suitable for homes and apartments of 1000-1200 sq. ft.
- At the back, it comes with USB 3.0, gigabit Ethernet port, WLAN port, etc.
- The web console offers ample user settings but doesn’t have a user-friendly interface and is quite slow.
- Unfortunately, it does not support MU-MIMO simultaneous data streaming or BeamForming.
- However, it does offer Guest Network and AP mode.
|Extremely affordable||Limited wireless settings|
|Sturdy and detachable antennas||Satisfactory throughput|
|Great speed||The console is a bit laggy|
|Guest Network controls|
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750
This AC1750 router is one of the cheapest wireless routers which is quite popular despite lacking many advanced features. Although it is a dual-band router still offers great speed than some tri-band rivals out there. It is another excellent choice in the list of the best router under $100.
- It has an overall data transfer speed of 1750 Mbps, one of the fastest in its class. The 2.4Ghz frequency band gives 450Mbps, while the 5HGz frequency band gives 1,300Mbs.
- It supports BeamForming which promotes faster connectivity for multiple devices simultaneously.
- Can be controlled through the NightHawk App.
- The router comes with three detachable antennas with a powerful 1GHz dual-core processor.
- The Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 delivers excellent storage performance too.
- It delivers good throughput all around the 25 feet of coverage area.
- The router also comes with the latest USB 3.0 port.
|Value for money||Software support could be better|
|Good storage performance|
Besides the performance in terms of speed and coverage, a good wireless router also needs to provide a user-friendly interface and advanced software supports. Nowadays, most people prefer routers with MU-MIMO, BeamForming, and such modern technology support. Choosing the right wireless router becomes easy when you focus on your main purpose.
Whether it is gaming or just regular web surfing, there is one of the best wireless routers out there for every purpose. Luckily, the above top 10 suggests you the best in their class which are budget-friendly too!