We are no more dependent on TV satellite subscriptions for watching our favorite shows. Yes, the digitization around the globe has ended those days when we had to wait for our favorite TV show at 8 pm, otherwise it’s missed. The credit goes to Wi-Fi streaming on TV where you can stream Netflix, Prime, Hotstar etc. However, for uninterrupted streaming on TV, a good wi-fi router is required. Not every router can provide a seamless experience with TV streaming due to throughput or compatibility issues. Below are the top 10 best routers for streaming tv on multiple devices.
TP-Link Archer A20
The TP-Link A20 is a smart tri-band wireless router that provides speedy performance and is feature-rich too. Also, this brilliant combination won’t cost a fortune like other high-end models. The tri-band streaming makes TV streaming a smooth and delightful experience.
- It delivers high-speed internet of up to 4,000 Mbps. It has built-in Smart Connect software which automatically provides the suitable band for your device.
- The six external antennas along with TP-link’s RangeBoost feature provide a good coverage area of about 2500 sq. ft.
- The router houses a powerful 1.8 GHz quad-core processor.
- It supports BeamForming and MU-MIMO for multiple device connectivity and the QoS prioritizes devices for better HD and 4K streaming.
- The router can be easily controlled and customized through the Tether app. It also supports voice assistants like Alexa and IFTTT (If This Then That).
- In-built HomeCare network security and parental controls provide security against malware and let you control the content which your children can access.
- The router itself has ample vent holes to prevent overheating.
|Range extender||Bulky design|
|Tri-band streaming||But pricey|
|Great speed and stability|
If you are looking for a budget router that suffices streaming all over a small-mid size apartment, the Netgear R6400 is the best choice. It is a dual-band AC1750 wireless router which gives reliable performance for streaming Netflix, Live Tv services, YouTube, or even a 4K option such as fuboTV.
- It can handle up to three spatial streams with BeamForming delivering a maximum speed of up to 1300Mbps on the 5 GHz channel, and 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz channel.
- Covers a good range of about 1500 sq. ft. which makes it perfect for multiple devices streaming in a small apartment.
- The router has three adjustable but non-detachable antennas.
- It’s powered by a dual-core 1GHz processor.
- You will get a USB 3.0 port in the front, a 2.0 USB port, and four Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- It also offers strong parental controls which let you control the type of content for your children.
|Value for money||Average NAS performance|
|Easy to setup||Not suitable for gaming stream|
|Good throughput performance|
|Open VPN and Time Machine support|
Tp-Link AC1750 Archer A7
This 802.11 ac dual-band wireless router offers excellent streaming speeds. The design is glossy black with three detachable and adjustable antennas. It has 9 small LEDs in the front depicting logos for different uses.
- It offers an overall performance of 1.7 Gbps ( 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1750 Mbps on the 5GHz band) which ensures streaming without buffering.
- It is suitable for homes and apartments of 1000-1200 sq. ft.
- Works with Alexa, VPN Server, Parental Control, and QoS.
- At the back, it comes with USB 3.0, gigabit Ethernet port, WLAN port, etc.
- The web console offers ample user settings but doesn’t have a user-friendly interface and is quite slow.
- Unfortunately, it does not support MU-MIMO or BeamForming
- However, it does offer Guest Network and AP mode.
|Extremely affordable||Limited wireless settings|
|Sturdy and detachable antennas||Satisfactory throughput|
|Great speed||The console is a bit laggy|
|Guest Network controls|
Google WiFi system 3 pack
Google WiFi system 3 pack is a smart wireless router that connects to your already existing router or modem and extends the range. It is a set of 3 identical units, one of each unit can cover up to 1500 sq. ft of connectivity range which gives you a total of 4500 sq. ft. transforming your network!
- It is a dual-band router of AC1200 2×2 Wave 2 Wi-Fi (expandable mesh; 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- It is powered by a Quad-core ARM CPU with 512 MB RAM and 4GB flash memory storage.
- The network traffic prioritization feature adjusts your bandwidths according to gaming sessions and streaming sessions.
- It supports BeamForming and Bluetooth Smart Ready.
- There are 2-gigabit ethernet ports ( 1 WAN and 1 LAN ), and one USB Type-C port in each router unit.
- The product is pretty lightweight with each unit weighing just about 350 g, however, the built isn’t that sturdy.
|Extensive coverage||Limited hardware control|
|Easy and simple setup||Dubious build quality|
|Value for money|
|Lightweight and sleek|
NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 (RAX200)
Netgear is one of the most trusted brands for wireless routers. The NightHawk 12 is one of them which lives up to the expectation. With the high-speed internet, it supports multiple devices simultaneously for high-quality streaming without buffering.
- This tri-band router supports high-speed Wi-fi 6 internet of 10.5 Gbps ( One 2.4 GHz band and two 5 GHz bands)
- You connect up to 12 devices simultaneously in the range of 2500 sq ft. Perfect for large apartments too.
- It is shaped like a spaceship with 8 internal antennas which boost excellent network signals.
- The router is powered by a 64-bit Quad-core 1.8GHz processor.
- It comes with a pair of 3.0 USB ports.
- The setup is easy and can be easily controlled and customized through the Nighthawk app.
- Adaptive Streaming technology ensures uninterrupted Netflix in Ultra HDR, Apple TV+, etc.
|Good coverage with good stability|
|12 simultaneous streams|
TP-Link Wi-fi 6 router Archer AX6000
The TP-link Archer AX600 is perfect for multiple streaming due to its excellent speed and tremendous signal strength. The router carries an attractive design with 8 antennas placed in such a way that gives it a futuristic look.
- It is a dual-band router with speeds 4.804Gbps at the 5GHz band and 1.148Gbps at the 2.4GHz band.
- The Archer AX6000 operates ultra-wide 160MHz channels with BeamForming for multiple stream optimization.
- It is powered by a 1.8GHz quad-core processor with 1GB of RAM and 128MB of flash storage.
- It has 8 non-adjustable and non-detachable antennas which help with the stability of the network over a wide range of 85 feet.
- The router insanely houses 8 LAN ports and 1 X USB 3.0 and 1 X USB type C.
- You can easily set up and customize it through TP-Link’s dedicated app known as Tether.
|Excellent speed||A bit bulky|
|Wide coverage||Non-adjustable, non-removable antennas|
|Connects up to 16 devices simultaneously|
Linksys EA7500 Dual-Band
This dual-band router provides enough throughput for HD Streaming, heavy gaming, and normal web surfing. Its lightning-fast speed is best suited for 4k streaming on TV for all your favorite Netflix and Prime shows.
- It is an AC1900 that delivers an overall speed of 1900 Mbps (1300Mbps speeds over the 5GHz band and up to 600Mbps speeds over the 2.4GHz band )
- The router is powered by a 1.4GHz dual-core processor. The router can support up to 16 devices streaming simultaneously through MU-MIMO which optimizes multiple-device usage.
- It comes with four-gigabit ethernet ports, a WAN port, a power jack, and two USB ports of 3.0 and 2.0 respectively.
- You can easily monitor the router through Linksys Smart Wi-Fi App, which comes with a user-friendly interface.
- You can benefit from Guest Network, Parental Controls, and Media prioritization as advanced tools.
|Value for money||May not be compatible with older devices|
|Great beamforming||Initial setup may be tricky|
|Strong signal strength|
|Connects up to 16 devices simultaneously|
ASUS AC3100 (RT-AC88U)
The ASUS RT-AC88U is a high-end dual-band router that is loaded with features. It uses MU-MIMO technology to optimize uninterrupted HD streaming across various devices.
- It provides an overall data transfer rate of up to 3,167Mbps ( 1,000Mbps on the 2.4GHz band, and 2,167Mbps on the 5GHz band)
- The network stability is excellent due to its 4 powerful antennas (removable).
- It supports the latest security gateway like Air protection network security by Trend Micro to protect your network from malware.
- The router houses 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports, a USB 2.0 port, a WAN port, and a dedicated 3.0 USB port.
- You also get helpful features like Guest Network, Adaptive Quality of Service (QoS), and Traffic Analyzer.
- All the settings and customizations can be made through a user-friendly web interface and an app.
|Easy setup and app support|
NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500
No doubt Netgear is known for launching great gaming routers in all price ranges. The Nighthawk pro-Gaming XR500 is an expensive gaming router that is best suited for game streaming on TV for a seamless experience.
- It is a dual-band router with an AC2600 wireless rating, delivering a total throughput of 2600 Mbps ( 2.4 GHz + 5GHz )
- The router comes with a Dual-core 1.7GHz processor with Qualcomm’s QCA9984 Wi-Fi chipset for a powerful gaming experience.
- It also offers an interesting feature of pinpoint Geo-filter, which allows you to mark your location and distance from the router itself. It helps to optimize with a long list of gamers.
- QoS is also supported along with a traffic analyzer.
- It also offers hybrid VPN integration which lets you customize users who are using VPN service.
|Excellent for gaming||Minor bugs and errors|
|Connects up to 16 devices simultaneously|
TP-LINK wifi-6 router AX1800 Archer AX21
This TP-Link router supports the latest wi-fi 6 router which delivers high-speed internet for HD streaming without any buffering. Along with extended coverage, the network stability is also great.
- It promises to deliver maximum speeds of up to 1201Mbps on the 5Ghz band l and 574Mbps on the 2.4Ghz band.
- It is powered by Broadcom BCM6755 1.5Ghz Quad Core CPU.
- 4 non-removable antennas ensure a stable network.
- It supports multiple streaming software like MU-MIMO, Beamforming.
- For security purposes, it supports the WPA3 security network.
- The router comes with the usual four LAN ports, one WAN port, and one USB 2.0 port.
- The setup is quite easy with either the web interface or the app.
- For bigger houses, it can be paired with the OneMesh extender to form a mesh network.
|Reasonably priced||Low speeds on the 2.4 GHz band|
|Good throughput performance||No USB 3.0|
|Can handle many devices simultaneously|
|Supports range extender|
Well, a good wireless router meant for Tv streaming should come with a user-friendly interface. Usually connecting a router to your TV is as easy as it gets. Simply turn on your Tv and go to wireless settings. Pair with your router and enjoy your favorite shows on Netflix, Prime, Hotstart, and whatnot. Always look for a better speed, better range, Beamforming/MU-MIMO technology which will ensure seamless HD streaming across multiple devices at your home.