When you install a Wi-Fi connection in your home/office, you see how a router must be installed along with it. However, ordinary wired routers usually have a limited network range. It would help if you had such areas in your home where there is no network reach. So, to overcome this problem, a long-range wireless router can be the solution. With long-range wireless routers, you can stop worrying about weak internet connections and use your internet easily.
We have picked out some of the best such long-range wireless routers. We have gone through extensive research to find out the devices with remarkable performances. Check them out here:
GRYPHON Advanced Security and Parental Control Mesh Wi-Fi Router
The Gryphon Wi-Fi router is a tri-band wireless system designed to create a solid Wi-Fi network at the place of installation. It is a much better option than typical old routers since it makes a mesh system. It provides wall-to-wall coverage of up to 3000 ft.
- Intrusion and Malware Home Protection
- Wi-Fi parental control app
- Easy to set up Gryphon app for easy control
- MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology
- Six high-powered internal antennas
- 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Separate guest Wi-Fi also featured
ASUS AC3100 Long-Range Router
The Asus AC3100 is one of the best long-range wireless routers in the market. The AC3100 is a dual-band router that comes with the NitroQAM technology suitable for gaming purposes. With a powerful speed of 3,100Mbps, this router covers up to 5,000 feet.
- Dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- 1.4GHz dual-core processor
- Asus AiProtection for network security
- It comes with 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- MU-MIMO and Beamforming+ technology
- Advanced parental control software
|Latest advanced technologies||Expensive compared to others|
|Suitable for Gamers|
Google Nest Wi-Fi Router
The Google Nest is a flexible mesh Wi-Fi system. This router is very easy to set up and promises to deliver high and reliable internet speeds. It provides up to 2,200 ft. of coverage, which can be expanded further. You can easily set and manage it by installing the Google Home app.
- One router provides up to 2,200 sq. ft. of coverage. You can add more routers to expand coverage.
- Easy parental controls through the Google Home app
- Advanced security features for safe internet services
- Each router contains 2 Ethernet ports
|Google assistance||No USB ports|
|Expandable Wi-Fi coverage|
|Multiple 4K video streaming possible|
NETGEAR Orbi Tri-Band Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System
The Netgear Orbi Mesh Wi-Fi system is an innovative and modest Mesh Wi-Fi system made for high-speed and uninterrupted internet access all over your house. It can quickly spread its network up to 5,000 sq ft. It is a tri-band system that also supports Ethernet connectivity.
The ‘Orbi’ system provides a constant speed without wavering even if more devices are connected.
- Up to 25 devices can be connected
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet port and 1 Wireless USB 2.0 port
- Easy to set up using the ‘Orbi’ app
- MU-MIMO and Beamforming advanced technologies
- Cybersecurity and in-built anti-virus feature
- Minimalist design
- Parental and Access controls are available on the ‘Orbi’ app
|Expandable range||Average user interface|
|Uniform speed output|
Asus RT-AC68U Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
The Asus RT-AC68U is a wireless dual-band router with three external antennas. It can cover broad areas and provide a good range of networks. While it isn’t super fast like some other routers, it’s fast enough for the users to keep it constant. This router is one of the highly recommended products since Asus is a trusted brand; this product promises to give a balanced performance.
- Provides speed up to 1900Mbps
- Dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5GHz) for expanded speed
- Three antennas for wide coverage
- Dual-core processor for fast performance
- Easy to set up
- It comes with AiProtection pro for security
- Advanced parental controls
|Advanced cybersecurity||Slower than many other routers that|
Linksys Velop Mesh Router
Another Mesh Wi-Fi system, this Linksys router comes with a super-fast speed and covers up to 2,000 sq. ft. Its coverage can be expanded using more mesh routers. With an innovative and good-looking design, this router is suitable for every home/office.
- MU-MIMO technology
- It can be controlled by installing the Linksys app
- Linksys Shield provides you protection against internet threats
- 2 Ethernet ports for wired connection
- Tri-band Wi-FI system
- 716 MHz Quad-core processor
- Wi-Fi type: AC(Wi-Fi 5)
|Amazon Alexa supported||Expensive|
|Large and expandable range||2. No USB support|
Linksys EA8100 Max-Stream AC2600
The Linksys EA8100 Max-Stream is a dual-band Wi-Fi router that can be used over a long distance. It covers up to 1800 sq. ft area and can connect with more than 15 devices. Like the last Linksys product, this can also be controlled using the Linksys app on your phone.
- Internet speed of 2.6Gbps
- Easy to set up using the Linksys app
- Four external antennas for extra range
- MU-MIMO technology delivers up to 2x faster speed than the non-MU-MIMO routers
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet enabled
- It also comes with Beamforming technology
- Parental and access controls also featured
|Suitable for gaming and 4K video streaming||Bulky design|
|Extra-fast and constant speed|
Long Range Wireless Routers FAQs
Q- Which router is the best for home use?
A- From our list, the Netgear Orbi Home Mesh Wi-Fi System is the most suitable product for home use. Its design and features are specially designed for families, and it is easy to control by anyone using its ‘Orbi’ app.
Q- How to choose the right router?
A- Choosing the right router can be confusing. It will help if you look for the range and Wi-Fi speed it supports and then goes through other features. Look for their pros and cons and compare the routers to find the best suitable one for you.
Q- What is a Mesh system?
A- A Mesh Wi-Fi system is a group of devices rather than a single router. These devices work as multiple connecting points. These are well-suited for you if you live in a huge place and require extra coverage.
Long-range wireless routers are most definitely something you should go for if you live in a prominent place with an unstable internet connection. These routers promise to cover the area effortlessly, and you will not face trouble with your internet speed again. Some of them may be slightly expensive, but they deliver their quality and are a wise investment.