Online gaming, among other internet interests, has become a widespread phenomenon worldwide. If you are a passionate gaming enthusiast, you should certainly go for a powerline adapter to enhance your internet connectivity. Powerline adapters come in different shapes, sizes and setups. When shopping for one, the main thing you need to think about is compatibility between your devices on the network and the adapter itself. Here are some of the best powerline adapters for gaming in the market:
TP-Link AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter
The TP-Link AV500 comes with a small design, smaller than other adapters in the market. It is a set of two adapters made to expand your network connection through your home’s power outlets. This also comes with an Ethernet port for establishing wired connections such as a television or a gaming console.
- Advanced security with one-touch 128-bit AES encryption
- Power saving mode that saves up to 85% of battery consumption
- Easy plug-and-play operation
- Data transfer rate of 600 Mbps
|Compact design||Long shipping period|
|Easy to install and use||Pricey|
NETGEAR Powerline 1000 Mbps Essentials Edition
This Netgear system comes with a powerline extender to provide both wired and wireless network coverage in every corner of your house. It creates smooth and reliable WiFi connections using the existing electrical wiring and power connections. If you are looking for multi-purpose powerline adapters for gaming and streaming, this is the best option for you.
- Fast speed, up to 1000 Mbps
- You can connect multiple adapters for extra coverage
- Hassle-free set up, no need to install software
- It comes with energy-saving mode
- Homeplug AV2 support
|Super-fast internet speed||It heats up a little bit|
|Simple installation||Bulky design|
TP-Link AV1300 Powerline WiFi Extender
The TP-Link AV1300 is a dual-band powerline adapter that provides extremely fast internet speed without any disruption. It gives instant WiFi in remote areas of your home, where the signal strength is weak. Similar to the other adapters, this also comes with a plug-and-play feature for hassle-free installation.
- Delivers a speed of 1300Mbps and a combined speed of 1350Mbps with both the bands
- It also acts as an Ethernet extender- fast connection to wired devices
- Automatic power-saving feature
- Supports Homeplug AV2
- Data encryption by 128 bit AES for security
|Extremely fast speed of 1350 Mbps||It has to be connected to the same powerline|
|Controllable LED lights on the device|
Tenda PH3 1000Mbps PLC Powerline Network Adapter Kit
The Tenda Powerline Network Adapter Kit provides an ultra-fast data speed of 1000 Mbps. It’s perfectly suitable for online gaming and HD streaming in 4K. The WiFi speed it gives is impressively smooth and consistent in all the parts of your home. The kit is straightforward to install as it also comes with a plug-and-play feature.
- Advanced Homeplug AV2 technology
- Data transfer speed of 1000Mbps
- PH3 low power circuit design for less power consumption
- Gigabit powerline adapter with Ethernet port
|It comes with three years of warranty||Slightly expensive|
|Fast and reliable internet connection|
TRENDnet 1300 AV2 Powerline Adapter Kit
This TRENDnet powerline adapter kit comes with multiple features that promise to cover all your network requirements. You can expand your network up to 1300Mbps using this powerline kit. With no complicated installation process, this kit also works on a plug-and-play basis. You can use up to 8 adapters on a single powerline network.
- High speed of 1300 Mbps
- Comes with MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) with beamforming technology
- Gigabit port to connect with smart TVs and other wired devices
- 128 bit AES encryption for advanced security
- Easily expandable- you can use up to 8 adapters on a powerline network
|High-speed internet suitable for streaming and gaming||Slightly expensive|
|Simple to plug-in|
NexusLink G.hn Powerline Ethernet Adapter
The NexusLink adapter also comes in a two-unit adapter kit. It promises to provide a good speed of up to 1200 Mbps without any interruptions. It reduces lag while you are gaming, and it is optimized for streaming purposes. This adapter establishes a direct connection. Thus, it’s easier to install than an ethernet cable.
- MIMO Dual-Phase Technology for better connection than older powerline adapters
- They are specially designed for apartments/homes/offices with high-density environments.
- Speed of 1200Mbps
- The Gh.n technology establishes a connection through existing electrical outlets
|Direct connectivity||It does not come with a pass-through outlet|
|Works in remote places of the house/office||One outlet per adapter is required|
|Positive feedback from a majority of users|
D-Link Powerline WiFi Adapter AC1200
The D-Link AC1200 is one of the best powerline adapters for gaming in the market. With its hybrid nature, the D-Link AC1200 promises to provide both wired and wireless connectivity. This product is a dual-band powerline adapter, easy to install and use, that causes you no extra effort.
- Dual-band feature for complete coverage
- WiFi network with powerline of AV2 1300
- Three Gigabit Ethernet ports
- MU-MIMO WiFi technology
- Easy plug-and-play set up
|Both wired and wireless connections are supported||Expensive if you are on a budget|
|Smooth and fast gaming and streaming services|
Q- How will powerline adapters help me?
A- Owning a powerline adapter will give you a lot of benefits:
- Reliable connection- With a powerline adapter, you don’t have to worry about your internet acting out while doing some important work. A powerline connection will keep your internet stable and constant.
- Spreading the network- If you have areas in your house where you receive weak or no internet signals at all, you must go for a powerline adapter. It will spread the WiFi network uniformly all-around your house.
- Easy to use- Installing or using a powerline adapter is as easy as drinking water. You need to plug it in, and you are good to go!
- Portable- Powerline adapters are small and easy to carry around. You can take them with you wherever you are staying, and they will work the same.
Q- Are powerline adapters a better choice than WiFi adapters?
A- Both kinds of adapters may provide fast connections. However, it depends on the wiring quality of your home. Powerline adapters may provide a better and faster connection in such cases. You get a reliable source of connection along with fast internet speed.
Q- Are powerline adapters safe to use?
A- Yes, powerline adapters are completely safe to use. These adapters work with the wires within the walls of your home. It’s a similar way in which cable connection works. There have been no complaints regarding any safety issues from the powerline adapter users.
Q- Why should I use a powerline adapter for gaming?
A- The main purpose of a powerline adapter is to provide a stable internet connection without any lags. While you are gaming, you require a fast and secure internet connection that does not disturb you. So, going for a powerline adapter if you are a passionate gamer can work out well for you.
To sum up, powerline adapters are the new essentials for people. Especially for professional gamers and gaming enthusiasts. The gamers require stable, reliable, and smooth internet connectivity. Thus, switching to powerline adapters for gaming might be a good decision on their part. From the above list, you can choose the correct adapter for your enhancing your gaming experience.