FFXIV or Final Fantasy XIV is a popular MMORPG developed game. It’s an award-winning game with one of the largest player bases in the world. With excellent graphics and gaming experience, the Final Fantasy XIV is almost perfect in the world of gaming.
However, this article will help you deal with a standard error that can pop up in FFXIV. The error 2002 says that “the lobby server connection has encountered an error.”
We have prepared a list of tricks to fix the error 2002 in FFXIV. Read ahead to find out how you can fix the error 2002 in a few simple methods.
1. Restart your router
The first and foremost solution to fix any error is to restart the device simply. Try restarting the router to re-establish the internet connection. If that does not work, connect your PC with the ethernet cable. Ethernet connection is directly connected to your computer, reducing the chances of bugs and errors.
2. Let FFXIV pass through the firewall
Most of the time, firewall blocking the game may be the leading cause of the error 2002. To fix this error, you must follow the following steps:
- Press the Windows+S key to open the search box
- Type in Firewall and select the Windows Defender Firewall
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall option
- Now, look for FFXIV in the displayed list of apps. If you can’t find it then,
- Click on Change Settings option
- Select the Allow another app option
- Now, Browse through the files and select the FFXIV file
- Click on Open and Add the file
- Check the Private and Public checkboxes and press OK to save the settings
3. Switch off the Windows Defender Firewall
To ensure that FFXIV is not blocked, you can turn off the Windows Defender Firewall by following these steps:
- Open the Windows Defender Firewall control panel
- Click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on/off
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall for both public and private network settings
- Click on OK to save the settings
- Now, open the FFXIV game and try operating it
4. Uninstall any third-party antivirus software
If you have a third-party antivirus installed on your computer, it may be blocking the Final Fantasy XIV game. Try disabling the software and then playing the game. If the error persists, uninstall the software. However, it is not recommended to uninstall antivirus. You can follow these steps to uninstall:
- Press Windows+R key to launch Run
- Type appwiz.cpl in the dialog box and click on OK
- Select the third-party software
- Click on Uninstall and select Yes
- Restart your computer
These steps will help you operate your game smoothly since there will be no firewall to block it.
5. Uninstall the WTFast software
The WTFast internet software is designed to make your online gaming experience better. However, it doesn’t work well with FFXIV. Thus, you can try uninstalling it.
- Open the programs and features on your PC
- Locate the WTFast software
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall
- Click on Yes to confirm
- Restart the computer after WTFast is uninstalled
Q- Is Final Fantasy XIV a free game?
A- FFXIV is free to play till level 60. This applies to all the new users. Old users of this game still require a subscription to play.
Q- Why is FFXIV so popular?
A- The Final Fantasy XIV has a wide fanbase. A variety of factors contribute to this fandom. From the storyline to graphics and new exciting levels, this game gained popularity among the gaming community. Another plus point is that it comes with an exciting free trial till level 60.
Final Fantasy XIV is a trendy game for today’s gaming enthusiasts. The error 2002 is one of the most complained errors faced by the population of gamers. We hope this article provides you with the right solution for this error. The above methods will help you fix this problem in simple and easy steps.